Thursday, October 29, 2015

Captain John Morgan

Well, it looks like I've already gotten a confirmed, but NOT triangulated segment from my aunt's results!

Captain John Morgan would be my 9th great grandfather.  He was born 30 March 1645 in Roxbury, Suffolk, Massachusetts.  He died in Groton, New London, Connecticut 12 February 1711.  He married Rachel Deming (sometimes Dymond or Dymon), and they had one child, my 8th great-grandfather, John Morgan Jr. The rest of the pedigree goes something like this:

9th great-grandfather: Captain John Morgan I
8th great-grandfather: John Morgan II
7th great-grandfather: John Morgan III
6th great-grandfather: Thomas Morgan
5th great-grandfather: Jedidiah Morgan
4th great-grandfather: Jedidiah S Morgan
3rd great-grandmother: Nancy Morgan
2nd great-grandfather: Edwin Morgan Marvin
Great-grandmother: Gladys Ellen Marvin
Grandfather
Father
Me!  :)

Having an idea where this segment came from will prove very helpful.  We know that my Dad matches my aunt along the portion of DNA where my aunt has this segment.  However... I do NOT match my aunt along this segment.  If we can eventually figure out if Dad shares this MORGAN segment with his sister, that will tell us which side of the family MY matches come from (whether that be Grandpa's paternal side, or my grandmother's side).  We already know that my matches on this segment cannot come from Grandpa's maternal side, or I would match my aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment