Thursday, July 16, 2015

False alarm!

I just checked again this morning, and the results of the first of two PERRY tests are in!  :)  I'm working on uploading them to GEDmatch now, so we can start comparing those of us who have already tested to this great-uncle!  :)

I took a peek at the PERRY test's top matches on FTDNA, and they do appear to be Norwegian (expected).  That's exciting!  :)  I'm looking forward to seeing if they will respond when we reach out to them.  Hopefully!

The second PERRY test I'm going to order is a YDNA test.  That's more expensive, and I have other autosomal tests I'd like to run first.  FTDNA is holding onto the extra samples we sent, so we can go back for that test whenever we want.

I also received word yesterday that one of my FOX aunts is planning to test for me.  We're just working out the details of ordering her test now.  I'm guessing it will be at least September before we have those results.

No comments:

Post a Comment