Friday, July 17, 2015

Another test ordered!

My dad's sister just sent a check for her test kit, which I just ordered! Hopefully it will ship early next week.  Who knows... we could have those results by the end of August!  :)

Some of you maybe wondering why I'm testing my dad's siblings.  Well, both of their parents have passed away, and my great-uncle who just tested is the only one left in my grandparents' generation on that side (my dad's).  So, in order to be able to figure out what DNA came from my grandpa, and what DNA came from my grandma, I have to test Dad's siblings to see where they match their great-uncle, both independently (do they have Norwegian matches in common with him?) and together (does one have Norwegian matches, and the other four have English matches on the same segment?).  From there, I can make conclusions about which parent their DNA came from.

I'm loving this adventure, and I'm so happy my aunt is now along for the ride.  She gave me some of the family tree I'm working from, so it will be fun to be able to tell her who contributed to her DNA!

No comments:

Post a Comment