Tuesday, September 15, 2015

More segments!

Here's my current Generation 3 segment map.  Generation 3 is my great-grandparents, so all the colored bars you see here represent DNA I'm able to conclusively say came from a specific set of great-grandparents.

With a little more testing, I should be able to fill in a lot of those grey gaps, as well as narrow down which Generation 3 spouse some of these segment came from.  Right now, they're all tied to a specific couple.  Except one.

See that big LONG segment on X at the bottom?  I'm particularly excited about this one.  I share that segment with my mother, and her paternal uncle.  Because men only get one X chromosome (from their mothers), we know automatically that this segment came from my great-grandmother, Elizabeth Franz.  Now, where SHE got it... I still have to figure out, but I've got a great start!  :)

The top bar of each pair is my dad's side.  Right now, I've only tested Dad's paternal uncle, so all of the segments on the top bar are either PERRY or KANNEKEBERG segments.

The bottom bar of each pair is my mom's side.  I have a little bit more information about her side, because my mom's dad's first cousin tested with 23andme, and now my mom's paternal uncle has also tested.  They overlapped in some places, and didn't overlap in others.  At any rate, all the segments on the bottom trace back to either LOEWEN or FRANZ segments.  FRANZ is actually one of our bigger brick walls on the LOEWEN/FRANZ side of the family, so I'm hoping we can work some of that out through DNA.
DNA from my great-grandparents






No comments:

Post a Comment