Saturday, May 16, 2015

Another volunteer!

I'm excited to announce that my father's maternal uncle has agreed to test!  This is fantastic news because my father's mother passed away in 2007, so Uncle G is really the closest we can get to getting Grandma's DNA, unless I test all four of Dad's siblings (which I would eventually like to do... but that's pricey!)

We'll run an autosomal test and then a YDNA test later.  Right now I'm leaning toward testing males whose YDNA I need:
1)  Grandma L's first cousin (for KLASSEN line, test in progress)
2)  Dad's maternal uncle (for PERRY line, next up!)
3)  One of Grandpa L's brothers (for LOEWEN line, probably 3rd, hopefully in August)
4)  Dad or one of his brothers (for FOX line)

but running their autosomal tests first, to confirm that I am related to them as expected, then ordering YDNA tests after that.

We're also aware of some cousins in northwestern Washington that I'm hoping Dad and his siblings can come up with contact info for.  This would help us further differentiate our Norwegian lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment