Wednesday, June 8, 2016

It's in!

I got the results for the FALK/KLASSEN kit yesterday, a couple hours after my post about waiting.  :)

I spent a good part of yesterday catching up on emails and messages pertaining to the other kits I manage.  I was able to compare yesterday's kit to my grandmother's first cousin, and while they share about 6.25% of their DNA, it didn't seem to be in very many places that overlap with my grandmother.  This is both good and bad news.  The bad news is that I wasn't really able to draw any conclusions from my investigations yesterday.  The good news is that this means that we should have a good portion of KLASSEN DNA and a good portion of FALK DNA uncovered.  Next up is the challenge of figuring out what is what.  That's where the KROEKER/FALK kit will come in, and another FALK kit that I'll run at Christmas.  I also have another KLASSEN/FALK first cousin kit to run at Christmas, as well as one of Grandma's sisters, and hopefully a brother by then too.

While I was writing this post, I was uploading the raw data from yesterday's kit to GEDmatch.com so I can compare him against my 23anme kits.  Historically that has been a long process, but it only took about 5 minutes this time!

Doing a quick comparison between my grandmother and the FALK/KLASSEN kit from yesterday, it looks like they share about 180cM LESS DNA than my grandmother's first cousin and the FALK/KLASSEN relative do.  That's a bit disappointing, but all the more reason to test multiple people in the same family.  I'll do a more thorough analysis of their shared DNA after breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment